PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2018, 19:35
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 510orbust
Point is this , currently I know guys who are flowing monthly , american is obligated to take from its feeders as long as guys pass the initial course . This is why you don’t see the street hires as you once did . All our apps are American , SOP aligned American now , uniform is american , as is our flight and commuting perks . Pay is being negotiated as we speak as is quality of life . If you are looking at a legacy carrier than the way to go is a regional wholly owned . Upgrade quickly you will just need 1000 hours 121 time .
Right, but never lose sight of why this is being done. It's being done so that they can keep pay at the regionals low and still fill the seats up front. That's the bottom line. Note, I'm not saying that they haven't put together a package which has potential long term benefits, I would agree that they have Just pointing out that despite the attractiveness of the deal, it's still a case of holding out the promise of a good job to get you to work for a while at the job that you don't really want to do, at least long term.