PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2018, 19:23
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 510orbust
Everything in aviation is a what if . What if another volcano blows and companies go under like a few years ago . What if there is another terror attack closing us airspace for over a week .

Point is this , currently I know guys who are flowing monthly , american is obligated to take from its feeders as long as guys pass the initial course . This is why you don’t see the street hires as you once did . All our apps are American , SOP aligned American now , uniform is american , as is our flight and commuting perks . Pay is being negotiated as we speak as is quality of life . If you are looking at a legacy carrier than the way to go is a regional wholly owned . Upgrade quickly you will just need 1000 hours 121 time .
Yep this pretty much sums up my situation.

I joined Envoy late 2016, flew 1000 hours the last 12 months, slated for CA uograde training very shortly.

My flow date for AA mainline is mid 2022 and decreasing each time I check the list and proposed flow date.

All things considered not a terrible deal considering I was a helicopter pilot (didn’t need the RTP course offered) only weeks before I started at Envoy.

If I can goto mainline or a better deal between now and my flow date I will (fedex/UPS being the dream sheet), just starting to send apps out now so we will see. If it works out I end up flowing to AA because I don’t get bites anywhere else at least I gave it a shot and I still ended up at AA all the same. Better than sitting in Skywest or of another contract carrier 6-10 years from now still not getting bites to a legacy, just my opinion I’m sure there are others out there that may disagree.

All the while with AA mainline travel benefits and ID90 with lots of carriers and jumpseat with just about any US based carrier.

The often overlooked perk of flow is even if you don’t end up at the mainline carrier that owns you, the benefit is guaranteed progression up the seniority list every month due to the flow. Certainly helps with upgrade times, bidding for lines, vacation etc. As an FO I was bidding number 6-7 in base in only a year, and I’ll likely get a line right away as a CA once I finish training in a month or so.

Just my 2c from someone currently living it.