PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief of the Defence Staff goes all PC
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2018, 07:17
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
We were all told to attend an 'EO' brief one afternoon. Thinking that this was about electro-optics, we duly trooped in to the lecture room.

After a few moments some humourless woman started her brief and it became clear that it was some huggy-fluffy politically-correct 'Equal Opportunities' brief.... Which didn't much impress the assembled rabble. The lecturer mentioned the term 'VEM', which apparently meant 'Visible Ethnic Minority'.....

Whereupon one of our number said "I'm an African, I just happen to be white, so WTF am I - an invisible ethnic minority?". She had no answer. Then she started to talk about some trophy for the best-achieving VEM in the RAF. Came a comment from the floor "Ah - not so much the Top Dog trophy as the Top W*g trophy then. Because that's what people will call it!".

At this stage she gave up, showed some rubbish film and left. She and her colleague never turned up again, mercifully. Presumably we were written off as non-compliant with whatever policy was being inflicted upon the RAF by the PC brigade.

As for LGBTUVWXYZ briefs..... "Live and let live. Any questions? No? Good - end of my brief!"