PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shackleton crash in Harris 1990
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2018, 21:53
Pure Pursuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by screws4jets
QUOTE=BEagle;8954833]On 30 Apr 1990, I was attending a Flight Safety Officer's course at Adastral. During the welcome introduction, the senior officer giving the chat said "Well, it's been a good year so far, chaps, let's keep it that way. Mind you, perhaps I'd better not tempt fate - the last time I said that someone went and pranged. Anyway, enjoy the course!".

We started the course at 09:15, so it was probably at the very moment he'd been talking that WR965 Dylan crashed into the Isle of Harris at 10:37, killing the entire 10 man crew.....

RIP
Hi everyone,
Uncanny and tragic. My father was on that plane. Squadron Ldr Jerry Lane. I was 14 at the time, and still feel a slump in my day to day life approaching the date. I have so many questions about the accident, but not sure I want or need to know more. I know my Dad was doing a job he loved and with people (as far as I know) he was bonded to.
I loved those aircraft too, and am glad for vids of those engines starting up or flying over. Really makes me feel like a happy/sad kid again.
Love and Respect to all involved in 8 squadron and RIP Dylan crew.
Just tried to PM you without any luck....