PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson helicopters added to safety watchlist
Old 9th Apr 2018, 11:10
Rotor Kop

Location: Gauteng and in the bush catching problem animals or mining diamonds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot and Hi
Is that really so? And what about the envelope restrictions that at some point were added to the AS350 Squirrel POH, meant to help pilots to avoid, detect, or get themselves out of hydraulics failure induced by a combination of high speed, high collective and cyclic pull? It is being discussed as we speak in a parallel thread right here in the Rotorheads Forum: AS350 Astar/Squirrel

I guess these are in itself serious limitations. At the same time, it seems quite possible for most normal missions to stay within the limited envelope and to never encounter the hydraulics problem. Clearly, Robinson is then not the only helicopter with design-related envelope limitations.

It is interesting to see that while here you say only Robinson had to limit the flight envelope, you are the main contributor to the AS350 limitations related discussion in the "AS350" thread. Both in one day.

I guess what we see here is actually quite normal. I could think of different, specific limitations applying to respective other types of helicopter.
Agree with you - And what about the Bell 407 that also had a number of fatalities and the speed was reduced?? Biased anti - robbie guys should rather open their own thread under the nursery school section....