PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief of the Defence Staff goes all PC
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2018, 10:02
Ogre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Teamchief
Its probably best that I left when I did. Until recently I thought that LGBT was an acronym for Laser Guided Bomb (Training)!
After leaving the mob I was working on a task involving the electric jet, and while wandering through the office I was stopped by one of our HR colleagues and a rather stern looking woman. I was introduced to the stern looking woman as "This is Ogre, one of our senior engineers...." Which I thought was strange as she was never that nice to me before.

Anyway, the stern looking woman explained she was conducting a survey and would I mind answering a couple of questions to which I gave my consent. She got out her clip board and asked me "what does LGB mean to you?" As I'd been working on the weapon aiming software I proceeded to describe laser illuminators, baskets, circular errors etc. At some point I glanced at the HR colleague, only to notice the smile on her face was very fixed and her eyes appeared to be drilling holes in my head.

Anyway, I finished my diatribe and looked at the stern faced woman for the next question, only for her to fold her clipboard away and launch into a detailed explanation of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual people. She finished with a smug look on her face, expecting an apology until I pointed that "very good, but that's not what you asked..." and pointed out that the question was what did it mean to me.

At this point the HR colleague decided that the survey would be best conducted elsewhere and I was dismissed, never to be considered again...