PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2018, 06:34
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoEDI
4A was adapted to accept B77W as part of the airfield works last year, that is why there is now a dogleg on taxiway E. Stand 12 can also take B77W but has no jetbridge. Stands 15, 16 and 18 are also B77W compatible and once the terminal expansion is complete in a few months are expected to have jetbridges. That will give 5 international contact stands capable of handling aircraft of B77W or similar simultaneously. Plus there is still 2A for up to B788 size and 10A for up to A332. A massive improvement on years gone by.
Thanks for the clarification. From what I had read some time ago stated that 4A was up to 764 size only.

Does anyone know if the airport operator has imposed any limitations on the movements of widebodies at the South East apron, as the published PCN values for Taxyways Lima, Mike and Runway 12/30 don't seem to have changed to match the ACN values of 788/332 etc. Maybe the airport operator is simply overlooking the ACN/PCN 'balance' and will accept any subsequent pavement degradation and manage it accordingly?

As for the steps issue with EK, the point I was trying to make is that they will push for the best facilities that are available. If steps are used then it is because there is no airbridge available (MLE, DXB during the rush etc) and to put it into perspective, there are hardly any destinations in the first world where steps are used all the time. In Europe the only place is Malta.

I seem to have read that there will be two immigration areas with the expansion but does anyone know if the size of the present one will be expanded and if the new one will be of a similar or larger size?