PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Little Gem from CASA Experts
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 23:53
Lookleft

Received 209 Likes on 99 Posts
And also by the way and as you will know, this has all been discussed before on PPRuNe, many times. For late-comers like Lookleft, here’s one example: https://www.pprune.org/pacific-gener...n-engines.html
Thanks for the reference LB,I particularly liked this post from gerry111

I suspect that 'Lead Balloon' may be a rather junior aeromodeller, perhaps flying his first Enya 15 powered model aircraft?

So he'd have no idea of how an IO520 engine in a family owned Bonanza would operate? Things like how to run the engine at its most efficient leisure. And how to keep his life and that of his pax safe?

Clearly, he doesn't have a clue..
There is also this one from your good mate Aussie Bob:
I reccomend the course, either online or with Jabba. For most pilots, there is heaps to learn.
Maybe you and he could go halves in the online course for andrewr?

Like I said I could start a thread about "that Year" and it would have the same stuff. Your 18 page reference is just this thread repeating itself. It once again seems to be those who are pro APS and those who think its rubbish.

Thanks for the reference megan, Not quite an OWT afterall. In the Metro it was as described. Climbing a little bit higher above the required altitude then accelerating before reducing the power. This is what E K Gann was talking about. If you don't want to accept it thats your perogative. It does not mean that your point of view is more relevant and mine is less relevant. A bit like the LOP ROP debate.

Last edited by Lookleft; 9th Apr 2018 at 00:45.