PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 10:27
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I feel I shouldn't try to bear influence but after all, you're all intelligent people and my experience is just another set of facts.

You CAN NOT have the prostate removed after Brachytherapy.

My Brachytherapy was a walk in the park. That is why I have rarely entered into the 'Buggah, I've got cancer' thread in JB. I had almost no side effects except rectal warning signals that can cause alarm.*

I don't think I bled much more than when I had the biopsy. In fact, the added fluid made me feel quite youthful. But of course, I didn't . . . you know.

After the main seeds insertion procedure, I had a snooze, was scanned with a Geiger counter and went home. That was it, apart from sending in my PSA's. I had to keep away from the g-kids - as in not cuddle them - and not be cremated for a year.

So where to go for reliable information when it's a make or break decision?

I found this page just now, but I haven't checked each site to see how up to date they are. Some would clearly be biased.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...62.BIUlTmWC8JU

*bowl issues - even though often there's no need to rush. Once a week, or once a month. That's it, and it seems I'm one in 500 that gets this. I have to say, I thought the surgeon plucked that figure out of the air. I'm also suspicious that it may be nothing to do with the Brachytherapy as I'm troubled with distressing immune reaction issues which have been going on for years. 'Mr Muscle' nearly killed me when cleaning the bath. One of the main symptoms was severe tummy cramps and ensuing Picolax-type reaction. I've resisted all temptation to use the product as a laxative.