PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 09:14
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Love_joy
I'm all for modern thinking Wiggy, but having seen some social media attempts blow up recently that's a path that needs to be walked very very carefully.
Thanks for the heads up but it is really not necessary. Anyone who has been at BA for any length of time is well aware of that fact, cf. Mixed Fleet and Social Media.....

..a sorry state of affairs if skill of the selfie is considered ahead of other ability.
It's not...I'm not suggesting for one minute that BA think selfie skills /media skills etc have primacy over flying skills,..that comment was made slightly in jest in view of recent events, but it might be worth having a view on the subject if brought up at interview. The "real politik" here (and you are smart people, you must know this) is that most big companies with a large pool of applicants look beyond the hand eye stuff these days and rocking up for interview with a mature flight bag and approaching the process with the attitude of "I'm an ace pilot with X000 hours in the book, don't need to prove anything else, just employee me"...might not work out too well.

bex:

I hope they are only taking pictures of their meal above 20,000ft

Last edited by wiggy; 8th Apr 2018 at 09:33.