PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Annual report - lol
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 04:55
corrigin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shep69 and Oriental Flyer,

I agree with you both; no qualms from me. I mention it because I've recently received an e-mail from the GMO asking me to explain myself for doing just that (avoiding a CB by a wide margin) and the report states that I burned unnecessary contingency fuel (in accordance to a colleague (per GMO's words)).
I've responded courteously and professionally, as usual, explaining myself without any remorse citing safety and passenger comfort supersedes fuel savings. Have yet to receive a response from him.

Oriental Flyer, ABSOLUTELY, One cannot live in fear especially when it comes to your safety as well as your license. All I'm saying is that, unfortunately, there are more juniors nowadays that have come onboard with the assistance from the 'Bank of Mum and Dad', and somehow believe that their five years of experience is on par with your thirty plus.

Two things I am sure of:

(1) They are only here because they would NOT pass an interview in any other airline.

(2) They would NOT have lasted in this airline during the days of Hal Dybal etc.

Like yourself, I too am configured to be stable with 'room to spare' before the company limit (which again, people seem to believe this is some sort of target as my previous Chief Pilot would say.

My point is: Be aware. Time has changed and unfortunately, not for the better.