PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith initiated change to the Civil Aviation Act....
Old 8th Apr 2018, 04:01
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Unbelievably bad news for our industry! !

I had a phone call with the Deputy PM Michael McCormack a few days ago. From what I could read into the phone call he will not be supporting the change in the act that is so fundamental for the future of our industry. I think we have another John Anderson- nice bloke but he will take his $400K+ salary each year and make sure he can never be held accountable for anything!

Just like Darren Chester he is a trained journalist so he knows that the media will beat up anything that attempts to tell the truth about aviation safety and cost. His training will be “leave the status quo- and you can never be held responsible”.

I suppose the only hope is a change of government with Mr Albanese then changing the act. He has told me he will do this.

Then again Lead will point out that I should not believe such a claim. So where should we go from here?

In the meantime. Get out of General Aviation in Australia before you lose everything

Last edited by Dick Smith; 8th Apr 2018 at 04:30.