PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Little Gem from CASA Experts
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2018, 21:43
Connedrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
LB

You have repeated a few times that the manufacturers recommend running the engine at the absolute worst mixture setting. But you keep overlooking the important caveat that they recommend full rich at power settings above 75% and only recommend leaning to best power at 75% or below where they have demonstrated to the FAA that the engine will not detonate with that mixture. Misrepresenting the manufacturers advice may play well with the APS audience but it does not invalidate the true recommendations of the manufacturer.

Thats all aps do. The convert data so it favours their own interest, example engine overhaul periods. They quote millitary hours then say but the airlines ran lop and increased the overhaul hours. This while an increase in commercial aviation often happens it was in no way related to running lop. The millitary ran lop as well. Its happening now if you purchase from the manufacturer you get more hours o your engine overhaul life.
If your say anything the bully get you banned and try and discredit. They basically are just trolls pushing their own views and they do the above if you dont follow.
And when they proven wrong and then again and again they get the whole thread to cover their tracks. They will never admit the are incorrect.
Its not your fault you were trained incorrectly. Wtf. What you think i and others dont have a brain and can think out side the square. Gid give me some credit for being able to think for my self.
So here tgh e answer go do the aps course become a complete expert.
Funning the guy running it wife works and checks thst all things are above board for the mines and overs. When he was asked if she found that an org was running lop outside of the poh would she allow her cilents to fly in that aircraft. Answer was NO.
For the record btw.
I have never said not to run lop. Check all my comments, what i have said is facts on what i know and seen as an lame with 40 years experience working daily on such aircraft.
If one aps course is greater than my 40 years experience and makes a pilot after doing it more experienced than myself ill give it away.