PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2018, 19:12
Bruce Waddington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I've been out of the flying business since 2010 but have been in the prostate cancer business !

I won't bore you with the details, other than to say I have been cancer free for over four years, but will recommend an essential read to those of you who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and are trying to decide on what type of treatment will work best for you and your family.

Dr. John McHugh is a urologist from the USA who was diagnosed with prostate cancer several years ago. After completing his chosen treatment he wrote a book about the experience. It was not so much about the cancer itself but was very focused on the procedure he used to reach a decision regarding the type of treatment he would undergo.

He called his book 'The Decision'. After my wife and I read his book we used his decision process to make a choice for treatment that met our needs. We opted for robotic laproscopic removal of my prostate.

There is so much information available for the newly diagnosed man regarding treatment options that things can get overwhelming very quickly. Dr McHugh's book will lead you through the decision making process to reach a decision that takes into account the type of prostate cancer you have, any underlying medical issues you have and what you and your significant other want to see happen at the end of this journey.

Here is a link to his book;

https://www.forewordreviews.com/reviews/the-decision/

And here is a link to his website;

The Decision: Your prostate biopsy shows cancer. Now what?

best regards,

Bruce Waddington