PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2018, 16:59
BoeingBoy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Beamer,

Who would have thought we'd wind up chatting here instead of our old airline forum. Hope you are well despite your issues.

Contiflo/Tamsulosin seems to be very popular with the quacks to promote a good flow rate and seems to get good reviews for that. However, like you I found it did nothing for my frequency issues and just left me feeling nauseous and unwell. Luckily I only had to take it for the fortnight surrounding my TP biopsy.

Have you considered trying Urostemol? It's a herbal preparation containing Pumpkin seeds and Saw Palmetto oil. Boots and Sainsburys sell it in capsule form. If you find it works for you then you can always do your own thing with herbal supply shops which cuts the cost down. It does seem to get good internet reviews for those seeking to reduce their frequency. I've been taking it for a year or so and found it helps a little although cutting back on the caffeine and alcohol helps too.

Funnily enough if I'm planning a day out where finding a loo might be an issue a bacon butty has an almost miraculous effect, transforming what is normally an hourly visitation rate in the mornings to three hours or so. Must be something to do with salt intake I suppose. Either that or the brown sauce has miracle properties... ;-)

Good Luck.