PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts
Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2018, 11:49
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Maybe.
Thing is when so many people are looking to leave a wide body well paid tax free job there is something not quite right.

Depending on one's circumstances (young and single? sign me up) it surely woks for a few years, but so do many other gigs that do not bond you. You are looking at a minimum of 8 years commitment, if you don't fancy paying for the privilege of making them money.

We need to adapt and try to use the shortage in some parts of the world to our advantage, I know I will definetly try to. Not sure 90+ hrs a month with 24hrs layovers do that, I might be wrong though.
Not sure how you work out that every pilot has to stay for 8 years to avoid paying for the privilege of the job. Bit of a generalisation to say the least.

Within a couple of weeks of joining EK, I put operation ‘tick the box and get the f£&@ out of here’ into effect. Just over 2 years later I’d seen all the layovers I needed to see and managed to leave having saved £80k. If you need 8 years in Emirates to break even, you might want to take some financial advice or, at least, ease up on the brunches and his and her Land Cruisers.