PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drop out of University?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2018, 18:03
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Artschool was given the "look to your left, look to your right" intro by someone with the initials RG, then I may have well been on the same course as them, albeit at an earlier or later date. I was one of the people who dropped out and I reckon I now earn more than I likely would if I had graduated, much more in savings too.

I've now got enough experience on my CV to avoid even mentioning my brief stint at uni (which lasted about six months). The only thing I would mention to the OP is it's all ok knowing what you're leaving from, you need to know what you're leaving to, ideally get an offer for some sort of training programme. Indeed, I know of at least one apprenticeship course where half the group were university dropouts, many did a degree at a later date.

Bear in mind though that nothing worth doing will be easy. You need to find something that "fits" you, the most recent training programme I completed seemed to do that very well. As things stand, there's only one career choice I would willingly give up my current profession for and that choice would be commercial aviation.