PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2018, 10:31
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish you a the genuine luck. But these guys know their stuff I fear .
It's a massive undertaking to get started . Just look atvStobarts CAX project.
A company as cash richvas they are still had to take a massive grant .
I'm not an expert , I have flown very all aircraft and even that is a serious undertaking .But I admire your determination and spirit .
Perhaps your missing one avenue and not being an expert I'm not sure this could be done. But if you have the community support.
I naturally gather youd have started everywhere from community to town councils - county council's who set transport policy .
But have you thought about approaching Stobart with a form business case .
After getting online and written votes in shops fuel stations etal in say a 40 mile/80km radius around the Airport to show the pax would turn up.
Why REPEAT THE BMI route they are not going anywhere why would they ?.
You need to start somewhere unserved that your reasonable sure will bring you money.
But with good onward links.
England's south is not the centre of the Universe . But you do have LPL huge with Irish air travellers . MAN for its stupendous offerings and double runway high status profile . You'd need a tie on to offer seamless tickets to onward destinations. EG Kbos NYC AMS LFPG (can't think of the short code ) you'd get free slots around London and Southend I expect but that's your lot .
Internal Irish flights to other airports in the republic might be good but again it's lobbying I think to get them. If your so sure of the support . Might not that be a way to get where your aiming at ? Before you plunge into buying a not small aircraft.
Remember Ryanair started small much smaller an EMB120 then moved to aged bac1/11 the sheer eye watering funds you'd need to fly operate maintain and provide a replacement aircraft to cover tech is not for the feint of heart surely ??.
Airport fees , ABP . Do you sell you seats cheap so you end up overbooking and underserved ? Or price high and getvaclow yeild ?.
I'm not even close to expert and these are questions I can come up with.
I feel putting together solid proof that your routes ( and you need to give more than one imho.) Projected numbers really stack up. Lower your sights , SF340 is about the bar for small aircraft is it not?.
One thing there is not in Eireann is any links between the provinces and republic's regional airports .
Eg Shannon , Cork for example . They could work if only because the drive is immense and trains are dying off.
Indo wish you luck but I fear as many said this is not as plain sailing as you wish .