PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Pollock
Thread: Alan Pollock
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2018, 10:02
5aday

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At that time I was a S.A.C. employed at the control tower at R.A.F. Marham. and specifically
in Marham Monitors where we filtered RT calls through to the Approach Room. Flt.Lt Pollock's RT was 'Marham Approach and his call sign'. I asked what was his position and he replied 'Pretty Close' and then I asked Altitude? (maybe I said height ) - 'Pretty Low'. He then flew along the centre line of RW 24/06 at about 30 feet (evidence from Corporal in the RW Caravan) before climbing and turning right downwind to West Raynham. (Apparently Marham was not the only airfield he 'buzzed en route back to West Raynham )I believe he subsequently returned to Marham where he was held under arrest for a couple of weeks, probably to keep away from any press.
Just about everyone in the RAF made a resounding 'YES' when told of his Tower Bridge fly through.

Also at the time he crossed Marham, the traffic lights from the Burma Road across the 24 threshold and on to the taxiway were at green and the Local Controller was returning from lunch as Flt.Lt.Pollock simultaneously crossed 24 threshold. The Local Controller was an elderly Flt. Sgt. and had to sit in a darkened room for the rest of the afternoon.

5aday

Last edited by 5aday; 5th Apr 2018 at 10:29.