PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Apr 2018, 06:32
dustyflightdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cough. I understand what you are saying, as pilots we signed up for an unusual schedule and most of us accept that. However what EK rosters is beyond that, it is abuse. I have flown mid haul 24/7 operation before, but it was not like this.

If you lost a nights sleep, it was once a month or two instead of once or twice a week. It is not sustainable and it hit me hard after about a year on the line. After that it does not go away because there is no structure to the roster. You will go from midnight starts to early morning, midday, late and anywhere in between in one week, mixing between ULR/mid and turn arounds. You can't understand it until you experience it. I say this because I know, and I was warned before I came here but could not fathom it. Some people deal with it better than others, but not me.

What you say about training might have been true 5 years ago, but EK now hires pilots with no jet experience whatsoever. Some with only 2000 hours total. Consider this example. You are on your first training flight, you don't perform the best landing and the training captain "intervenes" and therefore must grade you a score of 2. You are thus sent back to the simulator. How is this a positive training environment for a new joiner who has perhaps never flown a jet before?