PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2018, 20:01
jamessh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Originally Posted by Fly757X
After the previous event of "Irelair" there would little/no support. What the airport needs is the reduction in APD and regional based carriers like the one you suggested. Making a airline is a lot more than playing AirlinesEmpire. As for the PSO I think BMI will continue with it as there hasn't been too many issues with it bar a few weeks ago but that has all cleared up. I like the ambition but realistically it takes much more than a group from an aviation forum to make something like this come off.
Well said Fly757X, I agree to a majority. Obviously this isn't the first option anyone should take however someone needs to come and pick up a few routes and get some destinations on the board. I think the everyone would be a bit surprised at the load's you could get. Even 20,000 pax on a single route is plenty enough to fill an ATR 42 which is the perfect size for the route. Can't understand why Stobart Air won't touch it with barge pole the capacity seems suited to their operations. Not all of their aircraft can be flying EI Regional can they? Just someone needs to go in and show some commitment and consistency in the routes and daily departures, i's in the airports best interest it's too uneconomical to operate an airport with pax numbers that low isn't it?