PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2003, 18:19
Muppet Leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Sorry but I’ve got to come back in after seeing the post by Beeayeate on page seven,
Then followed by Grimweasel.

Remember, the whole point of the RAF, the whole point, is to put a bomb-aimer over an enemy target in times of conflict. Everybody else is just there to support this action, everybody.

In the 1980s, this was NOT the point at all. Never was.

With the height of the cold war looming on the horizon, and the massed Russian hordes poised on the East German border, the whole point of the RAF in the UK was to rapidly re-supply the NATO troops based in Europe.

Remember the TACEVALs and MINEVALS, yes you went through the motions of gate guard, roving patrols, air raids and NBC drills, but the main objective was to re-supply the forward troops with ammunition.
This entailed every able bodied mover building pallets of ammunition on the Calne Strip – and I mean all of them. Hour after hour, no meal breaks down at the mess, hot lox were brought for them, a quick scoff, and then back to another pallet.

Since ABIW has had a dig, while I’m on I might as well jump to the defence of PIG. Yes he has now left these sunny shores, but a man of higher integrity I have yet to meet.
I seem to recall a bravery award for tackling a man armed with a machine gun, whilst on the beat in Manchester.
And as for “selecting teddy in cot” and quitting, I think I would say without hesitation, that if PIG had a teddy, it would have been a Grizzly!

I’m off now to don respirator and await the forthcoming barrage.
Remember, the whole pont of the RAF, the whole point, is to put a bomb-aimer over an enemy target in times of conflict. Everybody else is just there to support this action, everybody.

Don't forget.