PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Little Gem from CASA Experts
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 21:17
Lead Balloon

Received 447 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean
You just made this up, admit it now.
I didn’t make it up.

I’ve just been through the usual cycle of working out what damage and defects have been inflicted on my aircraft during annual maintenance. This year was pretty good compared to others.

Only four loose washers and one loose lockwire offcut found in the engine bay. The ‘good’ news is that I don’t think the washers were left off anything important but were rather dropped and ignored because - well I suppose it might be inconvenient to try to find them. A missing adel clamp from one of the fuel hoses meant it was rubbing against the engine crankcase. But it’s only a fuel hose.

And they always set a special, hard-to-find trap. This year it was the pilot’s seat not being engaged on one of the rails. They nearly got me, because when I sat on the seat and adjusted it fore and aft it felt normal: two of the rails were engaged and the third anchor was pressed against the top of the third rail due to my weight. Luckily I had to taxi to get fuel, first, and discovered the seat was off the third rail through sheer luck while embarking a second time.

But all round a pretty ‘good’ outcome compared with some previous years.

People who do this quality of work would never, never accidentally drop a spark plug and surreptitiously refit it.

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 3rd Apr 2018 at 21:33.