PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 16:14
510orbust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no chance

Originally Posted by G-SPOTs Lost
So where would a European passport holder with 5000 hours total 135/145 rating current 61.58 and an FAA ATP be most welcomed stateside?

Which company would be willing to help with Visas and what sort of salary/benefits could one expect?

Always aspired to live and work stateside - seems conditions in NA are slowly making that a possibility...

What chance of a green card?

Unfortunately chances of a green card without family or a wife/fiancee are about 0 percent. I am Canadian by birth lived and flew out of Manchester for many years, last job 737. Met an American girl got engaged and now I have my green card. The process was easy having a fiancee that was American.

Answering your other question, no company will help you in attaining a visa, they are very very strict on this, even the regionals. Just before my green card I was issued a red card which was my work authorization, one regional turned me down with that, another said it was ok. My green card was issued shortly after.

As far as the conversion , for an EASA ATP you will get a great FAA PPL. I was lucky because I also had a Canadian ATP which meant it was a straight conversion ATP for ATP with all ratings carried over and no skills test.

Many jobs in the USA currently but it depends what you want. Regionals are starting off at 65-80 k a year, but the clincher is 121 time. The legacy carriers want 121 time which means a job at a regional like myself now. I can't go CAPT until I have 1000 hours 121 time and my total time and other PIC means sweet FA

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thats the way it is. if you were Australian you would be welcomed in to fly here on a visa, go figure!

regarding life here, well its great, I live in Florida commute to work on any airline I want for free, free passes ect. I do like the lifestyle just not the regionals. I am currently with Piedmont.

If any Canadians have a question shoot me a message.

Last edited by 510orbust; 3rd Apr 2018 at 19:42.