PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced landing near Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 08:31
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Well obviously the lauded big egos of AOPA weren't able to change the outcome of what happened to 18/36! From what I remember of the AOPA discussions on Pprune many years ago a lot of people were turned off AOPA because of the "big egos" and it lost a lot of its membership. A decline that has only recently been reversed because the current leadership is more interested in the issues facing its constituency rather than lots of stroking of their "big egos". It seemed to me that the AOPA leadership of old was made up of businessmen and Qantas pilots with too much time on their hands who wanted to strut the aviation stage wanting everyone to see how clever they were.

Back to the thread though it will be interesting to get some insight into the decision making process of the pilot. One thing I am certain of though is she won't be using the excuse of "But there used to be a runway here." That she walked away suggests she kept flying the aircraft all the way to a full stop which is very much to her credit.