PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced landing near Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 05:39
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookleft,
Clearly, gerry111 is into the "feel goods", the priority of "touchy freely", as opposed to achieving results.

Miss me for that, it is results that count, so, what is your answer, what is his answer, would GA, indeed Australian aviation in general, be better off without the results achieved by the derided "big egos" of AOPA.

Back to the thread: I have no doubt that where the aircraft wound up was fortuitous, rather than pre-planned, and under the circumstance, once the power was lost, I think the pilot did pretty damned good job. Very close by there is a much bigger gully, where the results might not have been quite so benign.

I make no comment about why power was lost, because I have no facts, on which to base a comment.

That does not alter the "facts and circumstances" of how 18/36 was lost, despite the explicit terms of the Commonwealth head lease, and the uncontested fact that YSBK as an airfield, as opposed to a development opportunity should still have 18/36.

Tootle pip!!

PS: I will suggest to the current AOPA President and CEO that, at any future AOPA AGM/EGM or similar AOPA functions, that "safe rooms" be provided, such that delicate flowers and wilting violets who suffer distress at being exposed to "big egos" can safely retreat, can safely withdraw from the verbal, visual or physical influence of such terrible people. Being exposed to achievers must be such a distressing experience for such people.

Last edited by LeadSled; 3rd Apr 2018 at 05:50. Reason: PS added.