PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 91 - Fuel Reserve.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 22:06
mikewil

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
And that’s why it doesn’t make sense to mandate a mayday in that scenario.Of course they have discretion.

But why should that scenario be a breach of the law in the first place? A breach of the law is a breach of the law and, although you might get ‘let off’ by the FOI, your breach will be noted in CASA records.
If you are let off with a warning, if the guy/gal doing your ramp check isn't on a power trip they would hopefully not want to bother with the paperwork of noting you in casa records as having been warned. I have been let off with a warning by a police officer for my brake light many years ago - I'm pretty sure like any decent bloke he didn't make any record of it and just got on with enforcing more serious breaches of road rules.

Well we need to have some kind of law for a reason, otherwise where do you draw the line?
- You may also think you are within your right bend the rules of the standard VFR alternate minima because you are very familar with a route and are happy that you could easily fly the whole thing at 500ft AGL so don't see an issue without providing for an alternate. Do you think you should also be able to bend the rules in a situation such as this?

Last edited by mikewil; 2nd Apr 2018 at 22:16.