PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 21:13
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
But surely this is part of the problem of Bhd wanting to expand beyond what it originally wanted to be? At the start, having a 5.55am departure to Ams was not part of the plan and maybe Bhd should have concentrated on what it was set up to do, rather than try to compete with Bfs. We have had posters on here wondering if certain airlines could fly from Bhd to New York/Toronto etc. Bhd was never designed for that, yet has been moving towards that, maybe not long haul, but certainly aspirations towards various european destinations. They have lost their way. They knew what the rules were from the start, but have taken the view that they could bust the rules by expansion, but it hasn't worked. The Vueling service was not impacted at all by opening hours, and maybe also not runway length.
True Blue,
I often agree with you but if BHD had to be bound by it was 'set up to do', then surely a short flight to AMS should be within scope. I am in favour of a one sustainable airport approach for Belfast, but the City Airport has done extremely well given its current restrictions, irrespective of which airport i'd prefer, it never has a chance. It is inevitable that the two airports will compete for the same business, expecially on short flights up to 1.5/2 hrs.