PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 91 - Fuel Reserve.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 10:37
mikewil

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloudee
if CASA prove that you did not have 30 mins of fuel remaining at the conclusion of your landing and if you did not call “mayday”, you have no defence and are guilty.
2 points on this.

1. 30 minutes at a minimum burn rate is not very much fuel and I wouldn't be comfortable landing with such a fuel state anyway so I wouldn't have thought a requirement like this is such an issue for everyone. Aren't most of us carrying 45 minutes at cruise burn rates anymore?

2. In the situation where you ended up landing and happened to have 29 minutes of fuel remaining at the specified burn rate on a beautiful cavok day and happened to be ramp checked, I would seriously hope the person doing the check would have the discretion to let you off with a stern warning in the same way a police officer who is compelled to enforce the road rules might use discretion and let you off with a warning for a burned out brake light. I know CASA and are a**holes but surely whoever is doing these ramp checks would have some common sense to not want to ruin someones day because they burned through an extra 60 seconds of fuel on a CAVOK day.