PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC/IR(R).. going on to CBIR.
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2018, 16:52
AllanA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tmmorris
There’s a great document available (surprisingly, and pleasingly) free on the PPLIR website. Strongly recommended.
I would advocate joining PPL/IR, it will be the best £95 you have ever spent on instrument flying. Further, there are two documents worth downloading.

The first document is the recently updated "PBN Manual". There is a huge amount of information in there. My advice would be to look at the PBN Learning Objectives (LOs) in Appendix 2 first. These LOs are set out in AMC to EASA Part-FCL (Amendment 4, 08/02/2018). Each of the LOs listed in the PBN Manual Appendix 2 is given a page number reference in the main PBN Manual. The rest of the information is more detailed and excellent so worth a read. IR holders should also read CAA Information Notice IN-2017/034 as it contains the information needed for adding PBN to your rating by the declaration at Appendix 1 which needs to be done by 25 August 2018 if you want to continue flying PBN ATS routes and procedures.

On the broader topic of instrument flying again PPL/IR provide an excellent text called "European Instrument Flying Qualifications", again free of charge to download but worth joining anyway. In the main this text is related to IMC/IR(R), EIR and CB-IR (although it is termed CBM IR). I am not connected to PPL/IR other than being a member, I am an independent IRI who teaches IMC/IR(R) and CB-IR preparation.

Unfortunately, I cannot post the URLs as I am new to PPRUNE (well returning after 20 years!) and haven't posted the requisite 10 posts before being allowed to post URLs, just Google the titles and you'll find them.

Last edited by AllanA; 1st Apr 2018 at 17:04.