PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter in Tonga, Samoa and Tokelau
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2018, 10:24
Spunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helicopter in Tonga, Samoa and Tokelau

Being bored over the holidays I started to google for helicopter operators in various places, mainly on islands far far away from my freezing home.
Remembering the former King of Tonga, my search came up with this result:
Helicopter Tonga

I thought “let’s see how these guys are doing today” and found out that after only 3 months they moved on to Samoa.
From Tonga to Samoa

I told myself “OK, now you got me curious”. They actually started their operation but after only three months they ceased again. According to their FB page both helicopter were undergoing a change of ownership.
Ever since that final entry... silence.

Facebook

And to make a long story short, it looks like they started a second attempt in Tonga. According to their facebook page (Tonga Helicopters) as of august 2017:
One again we are considering bringing a professional rescue helicopter service to Tonga, a helicopter that can be a multi task machine covering rescue missions, tourist flights, patrol work and VIP transport, this time the approvals will be done before we arrive in Tonga with the helicopter...we trust the good people of Tonga will get in behind us and support our plans, Ofa atu.
Must be one heck of a business plan they have.

During the same period of time a different helicopter fairy tale made it into the news:

Helicopter Tokelau

For my own personal entertainment and out of curiousity:
Coincidence or the same guys being involved?