PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA election results
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2003, 09:24
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary;

The Murphie concerns have not been addressed, and, while waiting for the independant arbiter to say something, one would have expected such outrageous hide to be at least denied or make an effort to legally indemnify AOPA for the members sake.

There was nothing defamatory in the wording that I could see and it seemed to be a very real attempt to get some people to realise that corporate governance is not about running things with an iron rule.

A lot of people don't like being lied to and then treated with contempt when they front the situation with the players.

Have a look at the handout given to all at the AGM at Murray Bridge just minutes before the meeting started.

Remember, the minutes of the Narromine AGM were first on the agenda and Marjorie had them with her. Forget about where they should have been, the fact was that the meeting could have started because the minutes were there all the time.

Have a look at the handout carefully (they were the missing minutes and the articles of association), very top in small print.

To Ms Jane Errey Date 23/05/2003 Time 5.30: 42 PM.

This is the evening before the AGM on 24th May 2003. Jane was there (and in the hours leading up to the AGM).

I believe Chris would have adjourned the meeting for a reasonable time to allow the incoming board time to get their act together.

This act caused a lot of inconvenience, and the members present were lied to, simply to hold events up until Marjorie arrived.

I'm sorry if this causes you some pain, being brought out into the open, but it is only one of a lot of things that make members "hackles" rise.

I believe that this matter was not part of the complaint that went away, however it could do with an answer seeing as things are "proceeding normally" whilst marjorie is on holidays.

Surely you as VP have the authority to answer this revelation and if need be, apologise to the members.

I and a lot of others will understand if you remove this post. I hope you are made of sterner stuff.

Ax.