PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network aircraft to be crewed by JQ pilots
Old 1st Apr 2018, 07:18
GA Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought this topic was about network and jq pilots???

Anyway, seeing it’s now swung to Qantas pilots and Aipa, I’ll chime in.

Why oh why aren’t aipa lobbying as loud as Qf are? I understand there IS probably significant work going on internally, and I am not simply trying to take a stab at the people who are working hard behind the scenes. BUT, whenever I asked this question to aipa about responding or lobbying, the response would be a trembling voice saying something along the lines of ‘we..... dont.... we don’t want the public...... to know...... how much we earn.....’
Seriously.......

I think the public already know, AJ and co voiced it at every opportunity and I hardly think the management team will want to bring too much attention to the subject of pay packets!
The voice from aipa is VERY quiet when it comes to anything media/lobbying/public domain. I can understand taking an aggressive line isn’t always a good idea with big business but jeeez you have to at least take a line!

Considering the ammunition available about management remuneration whilst slashing 5000 jobs and now looking at the 457 virus, I could image a tabloid along the lines of ‘QANTAS ATTEMPTING TO EMPLOY FOREIGN LABOUR -LOCAL JOBS AT STAKE’ as a good start.