PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 31st Mar 2018, 17:43
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
pilotchute,

Yep, the same thought crossed my mind. I don't see the E3s being much of a market influence in the Big Picture.

Another random thought: No one knows how long the E3 deal will serve the Aussies willing to take a run at it. I don't see the government cancelling it but rather question how long those carriers accepting E3s will continue to do so.

Those who are considering it might want to pull the trigger where ever they can, just in the interest of caution. Get up here and get ya some of this while the gettin's good before something changes.

Just a thought. My crystal ball is in the repair shop so I'm just guessing.

^^^^^This exactly.

There is no downside at all for an Aussie doing an E3. Put things in perspective, you will do 18-24 months as an FO to build up your 1000 hours part 121 required for upgrade (includes moving, Indoc initial training). Then another 2 years as a captain.

After 3-4 years you will walk away with 1000FO hours jet and 1500-2000 hours PIC jet in an airline. If you go with Piedmont as it stands right now there is a high chance you will flow through to mainline AA. There’s nothing to say you can’t also just stay in the US on an E3 as a check airman at s regional and still earn reasonable money.

If you had stayed in Australia you’ll still probably be flying around in some ****ty turboprop still sniffing for a call to qantas, virgin, tiger etc

Going to the US on an E3 is the new ‘just goto darwin or PNG’ that was 20-30 years ago.