PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIC limitation based on non FAA trainig
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2018, 09:08
RYaroslavsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIC limitation based on non FAA trainig

Hello everyone.
I have an ICAO CPL and FAA CPL and I work for non-US company.
Recently I did B737 Type rating (EASA ATO) and added it to my national license.
The question is, how can I add B737 SIC limitation to FAA license ander 61.55?
I read FSIMS “Miscellaneous Part 61 Certification Information”
Volume 5 Chapter 2 Section 5.

QUESTION 8: A foreign pilot holds a foreign pilot license and SIC type rating on that foreign pilot license. Would it be approved to add this SIC type rating to his or her unrestricted FAA pilot certificate, as long as he or she accomplishes the following items?

· A qualified management official (Chief Pilot, Director of Training, DO, or another comparable management position within the company) would need to stipulate that he or she has accomplished the required items in § 61.55(b).
· The pilot would need to present him or herself to an FAA operations inspector or proper FAA designee who is authorized to add SIC type ratings.

· ANSWER 8: Refer to § 61.55(d) or (e). Yes, a foreign pilot who holds an unrestricted FAA pilot certificate may apply for an SIC pilot type rating by meeting the requirements in § 61.55(d). The person must have pilot records to substantiate having met the requirements of § 61.55(b).

· A foreign pilot is not required to have their foreign license verified through AFS-760, if the foreign pilot is adding a type-rating limited to SIC Privileges Only to their unrestricted certificate.
· If the foreign pilot is applying on the basis of being a pilot engaged in part 91K, 125, or 135 operations, then § 61.55(e)applies.

· QUESTION 9: A foreign pilot holds an FAA pilot certificate and no foreign pilot license, and currently works for a foreign company. Currently, has this foreign pilot been approved to add an SIC type rating to an unrestricted FAA pilot certificate, as long as he or she accomplishes the following items?
· A qualified management official (Chief Pilot, Director of Training, DO, or another comparable management position within the company) would need to stipulate that he or she has accomplished the required items in § 61.55(b).
· The pilot would need to present him or herself to an FAA operations inspector or proper FAA designee who is authorized to add SIC type ratings.

· ANSWER 9: Refer to § 61.55(d) or (e). Yes, a foreign pilot who holds an unrestricted FAA pilot certificate may apply for an SIC pilot type rating by meeting the requirements in § 61.55(d).

· The person must have pilot records to substantiate having met the requirements of § 61.55(b).
· If the foreign pilot is applying on the basis of being a pilot engaged in part 91K, 125, or 135 operations, then § 61.55(e)applies.
So If I bring EASA ATO paper to FSDO where It says that I successfully completed the B737 type rating and passed exames. Will It be enough?
Have anyone got SIC limitation based on foreign training.