PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desktop Icon Names Keep Changing
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 17:18
radarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desktop Icon Names Keep Changing

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Dell laptop. I have a number of internet shortcuts on the desktop, all named for the appropriate website eg: the Amazon shortcut is named 'Amazon', the PPRuNe shortcut is named 'PPRuNe' and so on. Some websites are 'read only' but some are interactive, in that they require you to input information before opening the site. I have started to notice that on occasions when closing these websites, the shortcut on the desktop has changed its name to the first bit of information required by that website. For example, when I opened the eBay website yesterday and typed in a search for ski boots, on closing the site the desktop icon had changed its name from 'eBay'to 'Ski boots'. Same happens to Amazon, Google UK and, more worryingly, my bank icon name changes to my supposedly secure bank username. I can easily rename the icons back to their original name, but am worried that the bank username can get from their secure log-on website back into my computer. Any ideas?