PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2003, 05:26
Beeayeate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABI Wilts
"Sorry for getting excited but my 14 years as a single channel avionics chap, Nav Inst followed by Flt Sys all came floding back............you trade group 1 tw@t"

OK, good one.

Grim
The ". . . whole point. . ." bit was from me, not Wilts. As for your interpretation, very logical, very "now". But the thrust of the gist concening the nub of my statement was that no matter what way you cut it, the whole point of the RAF is to drop bombs, kill people and break their stuff. Matters not how it's done or who does it, the ultimate purpose is clear. Used to be a bombadier, now it's a bloke with a degree and techy 'tronics kit - the purpose, mission and result is the same now as it has always been. And it's the job of everybody in the RAF to get him into a postion so he can do his stuff.

Wlits
Sorry, don't get the "dark blue shirts" bit. After my time?

FFP
"If I burst in on a Rigger Vs Fairy thread and said "Of course Pilots are top of the food chain ! " I'm sure they too would reach for the old irrelevant button!"

Doubt it, but you may get bantered to h&ll and back though and have to survive on brickdust and visitor's biscuits for a week.

But you're right, other trades, especially riggers, have no business butting in on a movers v loadies cat fight - and neither should, I would suggest, zobbits (seat to stick interface units or self-loading ballast).

As for the mob being run by pilots! Well, it shows old chap, it shows.

Thanks.

Anyway, as it was so it still is. This rigger (ex-) is now handing back the cat-fight to those who want to continue with it. Besides, the nurse is coming round in a minute, an' she's a looker tonight, so I've got to hide my Talisker.