PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 13:33
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly an intriguing but retrograde step I would have thought for ENZ with the machines as quoted..

Never the most reliable of types these particular frames are nigh on 30 years old & have always been in a cargo config since delivery so I would imagine the work & cost of conversion to the pax role would be prohibitive.

Which leaves as far as ops go the QT role,however the type was never really utilised in niche cargo roles in Europe but between the main cargo centres until superseded by larger a/c & economics.

The A300F at STN dispensed with 2/3 QT rotations per night when introduced back in the time.

Most cargo work at night has developed into very slick operations centred on EMA & STN nowadays with even the B733F being replaced in part by the 734F for economics.

The Post Office has reduced their own contract flying over recent times too.

So I fail to see where the market is for ENZ.
Perhaps the only solution could only be on a contracted in basis for the big players out of their own hubs.

Breaking for spares seems reasonable until the numbers of RJ`s that have ended their days in the UK as components in the last couple of years is considered,& much younger frames too.

Anyways is it JOTA or Jota,everyone states it differently & can anybody indicate why the prefix is ENZ & why "Enzo" as the callsign?.