PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 13:05
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Remember the Easter Courses

Easter for me was all about the first 'Course' of the year and also really the start of our main season. Usually we had a cadre of CCF from Surrey but we also tried to get the w-enders up to finish them off (having been weathered off earlier in the year). Some of these guys had never been in a glider before; yet by Tues the first would be 'popping off' on their 3 solo's (and A&B) with around one hours actual flight time. I would think that over the country probably nearly 200 cadets would have solo'd in this time, which was a great way to kick off the main season and also bring all the staff up to a suitable level for the ongoing w-end work. That this was done without e-mail, mobile phones, FB,twatter, or even GPO landlines, says something for the way people got organised then, and makes me appreciate what a fantastic (world class TRAINING organisation) we had without much fuss and bother.My very best Easter wishes to those involved and be proud that you were able to show what 'volunteers' could do when suitably LED