PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 11:55
rog747

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by greg47
The bones wether they are neanderthal man or whoever has no connection to any analysis. The pure facts are that Erhart arrived in the area of Howland with a maximun of an hour of fuel. David seems to sugest that she never reached there and somehow turned around and made ENB. Sorry Mate to rain on your parade but i understand you were a flight engineer. I flew as captain on two types with flight engineers the junior member of the flight deck. Im glad i never relied on him regarding fuel state when a decision had to be made
you state above ''these are pure facts'' she got near Howland LOL but how do YOU know?! - no one knows what happened - it's ALL hypothesise

Dave's raison d'etre has some foundations by FACT of tangible military sightings and reports (evidence) that a unknown USA built twin engine a/c went down in PNG pre 1945

plus his in depth calculations of altering winds and her (known) fuel use hypothesis which if applied can leave the option open that AE in fact turned back and had more fuel left than she realized (a sensible flyer would have turned around in the circumstances knowing full well at least the Gilberts was back across on her flight path)

No one can use the old bones as any evidence (long gone) so no DNA possible