PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair users in UK airports. (merged threads)
Old 29th Mar 2018, 11:23
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Special assistance...

....on a previous trip to Thailand (Emirates business) Glasgow was great, helper standing behind my wife ready to go.
Dubai was rubbish (they had outsourced to an Indian company) nobody came.
BKK a young racing snake was at the a/c door with madame's name on a card. I could barely keep up. He looked at the immigration queue did a body swerve and took us somewhere else where we were the only customers. Straight through to baggage where he waited with us then out through customs to where the limo was. Star!!
On the return again BKK excellent. Chap standing behind us at check in.
Dubai even worse than before with a shorter connection time this time. I have to confess I intercepted a bloke with a wheelchair and hijacked him. We made it, but only just. Sorry to whoever had to wait a bit longer.

Speaking to the FA once airborne she said that she'd seen (on flights from either Delhi or Islamabad) 100 wheel chairs lined up on the airbridge. Because you get red priority chitties for going through immigration!
On arrival backat GLA once again someone was waiting for her.
Why Emirates took the risk to their reputation by outsourcing this service beats me.
It is clearly a variable feast depending on so many different factors it is difficult to form a considered opinion.

The Ancient Mariner