PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewing Expired ATPL(H)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2018, 09:06
Woodie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renewing Expired ATPL(H)

Hi. I am after some help.
I have an old CAA ATPL/HG that expired in 2012. I was flying in the military until 2016 and have now decided that I would like to pursue a career in HEMS.

I wrote to the CAA last Feb and asked them what I needed to do to revalidate it, dreading that they would say I had to re-sit ALL the theoretical exams! As far as I can tell from their reply, I just need to renew my Class 1 Medical and renew my Type rating with an ATO and convert it to an EASA Licence. There was no mention of retaking exams or a cut-off date to achieve it by.

As I didn't complete my IR before, I understand that I will need to re-take Flt Planning, Air Law, Instruments and IR Comms. But then on discussion with other aviators and reading various Posts on this site, I am becoming very wary of the information I received from FCL. Does the 7 yr cut-off still exist or do our theoretical exams last for life? I have emailed the CAA again, but a reply could take up to 30 days! I have passed my medical and now just want to get on with the IR exams, but am worried I might have more to do!

Any advice would be GREATLY received. Thank you.