PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2018, 06:24
Spanish eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planedrive
Confirmed today that temporary arrivals will close and new arrival route will open at 0001 on Wednesday 4th April. Still seems like rather a lot of work to be done before then!
It actually looks awful and yes it is because no ceiling has been put up so I was quite shocked when I saw it for the first time. Luton has a bit of a history in accepting projects that arn't finished or have not been snagged properly. This isn't helped by the airport always going for the cheapest finish to save money while throwing money away in other areas by digging up what has already been completed.

The mid term car park wasn't finished when they accepted it as there were piles of material abandoned over a large area by the entrance for over a year. It has only just been completed by a different company who are doing other work on site as they prepare for the DART.

As mentioned before by others the footbridges and cores where handed over in a filthy state, many of the internal supporting beams were covered in thick indelible pen markings by the builders who used the beams as chalk boards. There was builders dust everywhere and a year later the walls could still do with a power wash as the walkways looks like they are from an east end slum.

Even when all the work is finished I really can't see the airport coming off the bottom position in the Which passenger survey.