PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2018, 21:31
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the record, I wasn't saying that the experience at MAN won't improve with the TP; simply that it may not be as dramatic a change as it might have been in the light of the value engineering.

As regards ambition, I agree that MAN has achieved a lot and has a route network and airline portfolio better than many other non-capital airports. I'm merely suggesting that some have formed a view that in more recent times that ambition has been less obvious. For example, it could be cited that at the end of what was to be a 10 year TP project, there would be few if any additional aircraft parking stands, although more contact stands and greater flexibility in aircraft usage. (but if what was to be pier 2 is never built, that's about 11 less contact stands). An airport can grow significantly over 10 years which is presumably what the airport wants, and while having more flights at quieter periods of the day and larger aircraft carrying more passengers is highly desirable, one would expect more demand for overnight parking of based aircraft. Hopefully, in time, plans will be announced for developing T3 to provide greater capacity in the terminal and for aircraft parking, but at this juncture, apart perhaps from some working at the airport, we don't know.