PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2018, 18:38
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the airport recently, the new Taxiway F will be the remote de-icing in future.
If that is the case how would traffic from the main apron get to Foxtrot if departures were on 08 as aircraft would be crossing the bridge first as ATC sort of runs a one way system?

The builders have taken down the covers that hid the terminal extension. All the retail units are boarded up as expected but I have to say the public concourse is lacking a ceiling. I am hoping it isn't finished but we will have to see as every service from trunking, cabling, ducting, angle iron and pipework is on show in various colours and everything stands out like a sore thumb as the services are quite low. A complete mess comes to mind if I am honest.

Outside the ground from the side of the new entrance is being butt up with the existing tarmac by the temporary entrance, which is why the fence was moved and looks like it could even open shortly. There is not a hint of any foundations being laid for the canopy so I am now wondering whether the canopy has been abandoned as once the new entrance opens the builders won't be able to fix a roof above passengers heads.

Worst case scenario is no canopy and no ceiling but with the building costs out of control and the airport about to rip up newly completed projects it might be the case that we should be grateful the airport didn't replace the tiled terminal floor with even more tarmac.

Last edited by LTNman; 28th Mar 2018 at 18:51.