PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Sgt Joseph D Moyes
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2018, 11:30
Eileenburke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncle Joe

I have just come upon you post and couldn’t believe my eyes.
The gentleman you are referring (flt sgt Joseph David Moyes who was my very dear uncle. Sadly he passed away over ten years ago.

He never married and and after his retirement in 1976 he moved to the highlands to live with my mothers sister. Sadly they have all passed on. I have the most wonderful memories of spending all my school holidays with him, he was like a father to me, so kind, clever and inspiring, one of a kind you might say. I miss him to this day.

I have a few momentos but he was a humble man and didn’t put much value on material things. I have a small newspaper cutting regarding the Kings commendation and a photo of him in uniform, but it would be wonderful to have his certificate to keep in the family. Of course I would be willing to pay postage. Just wish I had seen your post sooner!

Originally Posted by spike88
I have a copy of Jane's All The Worlds Aircraft 1956-57. Inside the front cover is a label which says it was awarded to Flt Sgt J D Moyes in July 1956 as the The L G Groves Memorial Prize for Meteorlogical Air Observers. Inside, in a large brown envelope , is the Certificate in mint condition. It would be nice if I could return this to Flt Sgt Moyes or his relatives. Is there a way of finding them?
Thanks for any help