PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 21:24
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In relation to Eurowings, if A320 as you mention that Lufthansa used BHD BRU as the experiment of a Belfast route, why now would Eurowings be actively considering BFS Airport? Surlely for a German airline, who will attract mainly German originating pax, the question will be would a Belfast service work, the Brussels airlines experiment didn't prove that one airport suits better over the other. Eurowings would not be concerned by opening hours, runway length etc.so nothing had proven or disproven for them that BFS or BHD is better..

I am also curious as to what the 'lock on Aer Lingus slots is about? My sources tell me that Aer Lingus is performing extremely well on LHR...'

BHD I'd agree is trailing behind BFS, but the pax levels are good considering that Europe's 3 big low cost airlines are big up the road. The pax volume is typically at a sustainable level for BHD, the biggest issue is whether given competitive pressures can the airport charge sustainable rates to its operating airlines....