PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 20:54
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of this is down to the complete unwillingness of the Newcastle catchment to travel anywhere other than your Spanish staples. The likes of Portugal and Greece seemingly rather pioneering destinations.

Obviously this isn't 100% true, but you can't argue with up to 6 daily flights to Alicante and Palma and a lack of many more "out there" destinations

Would it kill the North East contingent to go to Pula instead of Benidorm? Cape Verde instead of Tenerife? Mykonos instead of Zante?

On the other hand... Many people's insistence on travelling to Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia against Foreign Office advice and the Facebook posts of "this is disgraceful, it's my holiday, I should be able to choose where I think is safe enough" is beggar's belief! Try Morocco, Cape Verde or a nice Greek Island instead!

Almost makes it believable that the Geordie travelling public are going to Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia for the rich culture and diversity of those destinations... And not just a cheap all inclusive and a beach