PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please give your honest input
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 16:11
AAGpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bombinha
Experienced pilot trying to get a job on B744 in china for first time.

The broker i am using has several different offers and I am confused from all i read about different airlines here. Everyone says CSA is a nightmare for medical for example. So i need some help to take this decision as i am getting older and need some retirement cash. USA salaries are really bad and aren't getting any close to what Chineses are offering. since I only have 15 years for the mandatory retirement at 65, China is my best option. But what airline?

1- Suparna offer good salary and possibility to upgrade to 787 later. They also fly to ORD so commute would be easier. 3 years contract

2- Uni-Top has highest pay but only bits Suparna by USD 1000/month. With base in Shenzen also make easier commute through HKG. 5 years contract

3- China Southern Airlines offer immediate upgrade to 777 or 787 but they take way too long to schedule a screening to 744 pilots. 4 years contract

4- YTO I have no clue who these guys are.

5- ACC Air China Cargo has the largest B744 fleet in China. The flier my broker sent me is from 2015 so i believe their salary isn't that low anymore.
3 years contract

Please give me honest inputs I am not trying to flame anything. I Have over 14k hours total and over 5k in 747's all types being 2k as B744 PIC and 1.5k as B747 PIC.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it

I have to ask, what exactly are they offering in China?