PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INCIDENT AT VALLEY
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 09:57
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
glad rag, You have misunderstood, I stated:

As for command eject, the concept of command eject in a two crew fighter was different to that of an instructional aircraft such as the Hawk. BAE and the RAF obviously thought that they would not want a student in the front to be able to eject an instructor in the rear seat. Clearly, little thought was given to the use of command eject when flying a "passenger". We will see if the Accident Investigation makes any comment or recommendation in this area?
And you answered:

IE "We've always done it this way"?

...I think it is extremely unfair to expect passengers, even those who pax a lot, to have the same, honed, instinct for survival as pilots/navs on ejection seat equipped aircraft.
An instinct that is brought to and kept, on an edge, throughout both RAF flying and operational training.

My point was that it should have been possible in all command eject aircraft to set the system so that the front seater ejects BOTH crew.

In addition, I have over 2500 hours on both the F4 (D,E,K and M)and the Tornado F3 so I believe that I have some credibility to make comments about those aircraft?